These Website Terms and Conditions will apply to: (A) Your Use Of Our Website; (B) Our Supply Of Products And Services; and (C) Our Contact With You.
This CruiseDeals website (“Website”) is owned and operated by TUI UK Retail Limited (“TUI”, “we”, “us”, “our”) a company registered in England and Wales with its Registered office: Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 9TN (company number 01456086) and which trades under a number of brands. We are a member of TUI Group. We are members of ABTA, The Travel Association and our membership number is K0917.
Please ensure that you review all of the following sections of our Website Terms and Conditions carefully before using our Website – your use of and access to any page or part of our Website indicates that you agree to comply with and be bound by all of these terms and conditions.
If you do not agree to our Website Terms and Conditions you will not be permitted to access or use our Website.
A. Your use of our Website
You may only use this Website:
- For your own personal, non-commercial use only (which will at all times be reasonable and not abusive); or
- To obtain information on, check the suitability and availability of our products and services; or
- For purposes legitimately connected with purchasing our products and services; or
- To get into contact with us about your bookings or travel arrangements.
You agree that you shall not:
- Access, extract, use or copy any material or information on this Website for any commercial purpose or for any purposes which are unlawful. In particular, you are not allowed to copy (whether by printing off, storing on disk or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), alter or tamper with in any way or use any material contained in this Website except that you may print off any individual page for your own personal use; or
- Use this Website in a way that causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other party or which breaches any standards, regulations or codes published by any relevant authority; or
- Use this Website in any way that interferes with or affects the performance of the Website or our systems or which interferes in any way with other users use of the Website; or
- Gain, or attempt to gain, any unauthorised access to our Website, our other systems and/or to the personal data, information or booking data of other users and customers.
Ownership And Use Of Material And Information On Our Website
This Website displays registered and unregistered intellectual property such as brands, designs, data, content, copyright material and trademarks, with rights in the United Kingdom and/or other countries and which belong to us or to companies within the TUI Group or which have been licensed to us. Other product and company names mentioned and third party content displayed on this Website are proprietary to their respective owners. You are not licensed to use any of the marks on our Website unless written permission is granted, and you may not meta tag any of these marks.
Unless otherwise stated, we own (or are licensed to use) the intellectual property rights in the content and information in this Website, including (without limitation) all text, sound, photographs, images, logos, videos, maps, podcasts, blogs, customer reviews, graphics, design, underlying source code and software. Subject to the “Authorised Use” section above, material and information, either whole or in part, from this Website may not be reproduced, copied, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any form or medium without our and/or the appropriate owner’s prior written permission.
This Website contains links to other websites that may either be websites operated by companies or brands which are members of the TUI Group of companies or external websites operated by our selected suppliers or partners or other third party websites. Occasionally as you browse, or use the functionality on this Website we may provide you with links or connect you to websites which may be our branded or third-party branded sites. These links or connections are made available so you can search for and purchase additional services, find out further information on our services and your personal travel arrangements quickly and easily and find out about the products and services of our other group companies and brands. Please note that we are not responsible for nor do we endorse the content of these websites and your access and use of these websites will be subject to the terms and conditions of those websites.
We have made available various services, tools and functionality on this Website for your use. The information set out by us on these pages tells you how you can use these services, tools and functionality to find out about view content provided by us, interact with us and (if relevant) submit and share views with other customers. Your use of this Website in these ways is subject to these Website Terms and Conditions.
B. Our supply of products and services
We act in the capacity of an agent on behalf of the Tour Operator (Provider) with whom you book your holiday. You will be subject to the Provider’s terms and conditions, and your agreement for your holiday will be with the Provider and not us. The Provider’s terms and conditions can be found on their website or in their brochure. If requested by you we can send these to you before you make your booking or with your booking confirmation. By confirming your booking you are accepting the Provider’s terms and conditions and our agency terms and conditions. We will do our best to assist you with any issues you may have with the proper performance of the contract with the Provider, however this should be taken up with the Provider directly and we will have no liability in relation to the performance of that contract. If we can’t resolve your complaint you can use ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and available from www.abta.com.
C: Our contact with you
All details provided by you or collected when you use this Website will be used and held by us in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Information about cookies and their use on this Website can be found in our Cookies Notice.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
When you call us to book your holiday you can pay using your credit or debit card. We can only accept debit cards that are issued in the UK. There are no additional charges when paying by Maestro, MasterCard Debit or Visa/ Delta debit cards. A fee of 2% applies to credit card payments when using credit cards. We also accept bank transfers and building society cheques, however building society cheques require an extra two week’s clearance. Our address is:
CruiseDeals, 2nd Floor, Dunedin House, Thornaby, Stockton On Tees, TS17 6BJ
Updates and Changes
We may remove or make changes to the products, information, content, materials, tools and features on this Website at any time without liability and without notice to you. We also reserve the right to immediately terminate or suspend your use of or access to this Website at any time and without notice if we consider that you have breached any of our Terms and Conditions. We may also change or modify all of any parts of our Terms and Conditions at any time and such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately upon their publication. You should review these regularly to ensure you are familiar with the most up to date version. Browsing and continuing to access or use our Website constitutes your acceptance of the updated terms and conditions and you agree to by bound by the updated terms and conditions.
Whilst we endeavour at all times to keep our pricing as accurate as possible, and whilst all our prices are updated regularly, usually on an intra-day basis, and displayed in good faith, prices displayed by our cruise locator search engine should still be seen as a guide price only. All cruises and flight details are subject to availability and price variation. A final price will be given prior to your holiday being confirmed. Errors are rare but can occur in the pricing system and these cannot be honoured.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied by statute, custom or usage relating to the information contained in this Website and we shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise arising from your use of this Website, or from any interruption or delay in accessing this Website.
This Website has been designed for use within the United Kingdom. By accessing this Website you are agreeing that the courts of England and Wales will deal with any disputes which may arise between you and us, and that English law shall be the applicable law.
Prices – All Cruise Lines
We endeavour at all times to keep our prices as accurate as possible, and whilst our prices are updated regularly and displayed in good faith our prices should be seen as a guide only. All holiday and flight details are subject to availability and price variation. A final price will be given to you prior to confirming your holiday. Errors are rare but can occur in our pricing system and these cannot be honoured.
When cruise lines offer Buy One Get One Free, Buy One Get One Half Price or 25% discount etc – these discounts have been taken into account in our pricing and the price you see is per person.
Our best deals are always online. However, should you need help; our sales team are available to assist you with your booking. All bookings made over the telephone do not incur a booking service fee and voucher codes can be used if booking over the telephone.
Low Deposit offer applies to selected new Marella cruise bookings only departing from 1st November 2019 – 31st October 2021.
Low deposits on short and mid-haul cruises are from £75pp, with a full deposit balance of £200pp. Low deposits on long-haul cruises are from £125pp, with a full deposit balance of £250pp. The full deposit will be due within 12 weeks of booking your cruise, or you will be required to pay the remainder of the total holiday cost, whichever date comes sooner depending on when you booked your holiday. If you cancel your holiday you still have to pay the full deposit. Deposits are not available on holidays departing within 12 weeks of departure, where full payment is required at the time of booking.
Prices featured are subject to availability and may change or be withdrawn without prior notice. Please see www.cruisedeals.co.uk or the relevant brochure for full booking terms and conditions that apply.
All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate. Marella Cruises is a trading name of TUI UK Limited, a member of the TUI Group. Registered office: Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 9TN. Registered in England No: 2830117. ATOL 2524, ABTA V5126
Marella Cruises may from time to time offer a low deposit option and if you take advantage of this offer your deposit is payable over more than one payment. If, however you decide to cancel before all payments are made you are still liable to pay the full deposit.
Additional Onboard Information
The below information will vary depending on your Provider, please check directly with them and/or check your full Provider’s terms and conditions for further information before booking. The Provider’s terms and conditions can be found on their website or in their brochure. If requested by you we can send these to you before you make your booking.
Most Provider’s restrict the items you can bring on-board which they, their agents or security staff consider pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, other passengers, travellers, crew or agents without a valid lawful reason or without the prior consent of the Provider if applicable. A non-exhaustive list of prohibited items can be found here or otherwise is available on request (“Prohibited Items”).
Due to public health regulations, many Provider’s do not permit children, who are in nappies (including swim and pull-up nappies), or children who are not completely toilet trained, in any of the onboard pools. Please check with your Provider for further information.
Smoking On Ships
Most Providers prohibit smoking in certain areas of the ship, including but not limited to cabin balconies. Please check with your Provider for details of any designated smoking areas onboard.
Itinerary & Port Information
Update to transfer service between the Port of Tyne and Newcastle Airport
Intercruises are no longer offering a return transfer service between the Port of Tyne and Newcastle Airport as advertised in Marella Cruises’ November edition brochure. Customers who are travelling to/from Newcastle by air can take a taxi, which are readily available outside both the port and airport and take around 30 minutes.
Barbados Room Rate Levy
Following an update from the local authorities, the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association (BHTA) has taken the decision to impose a nightly “Room Rate Levy”
in all hotels in Barbados. This initiative will take effect from the 1st July 2018 and will be charged to customers upon checking out from their hotel.
The tax is a per room, per night levy and will vary depending on the classification rating awarded to the hotel. These classification ratings are independently decided by the BHTA. All affected customers booked to date will be notified of the levy they will need to pay, and hotel errata’s are being placed on the system with the correct amounts for future bookings.
This charge will affect all holidays booked for 1st July 2018 stays onwards.
Venice Short-term Tourist Fee
Local authorities require cruise passengers to pay a fee of €3 per person on arrival in Venice. This fee will be added on to your onboard cruise account – which you will be able to settle at the end of your cruise by cash, debit or credit card.
Amsterdam Tourist Fee
Local authorities require cruise visitors will be required to pay a tourist tax of €8 per person on arrival in Amsterdam. This fee will be added on to your onboard cruise account – which you will be able to settle at the end of your cruise by cash, debit or credit card.
If you are travelling on one of our USA itineraries there are certain legal requirements we have to adhere to. If you are a US citizen including duel citizenship you will not be allowed to sail on these itineraries. You must apply for a US Esta at least 72 hours before travelling. See Visas for more information. There are also changes to some of our age ranges onboard. See Alcohol and Age Ranges for details.
No under-18s can travel on their own. For cruises that include a port of call in the USA, the minimum age to travel alone will be 21 and over. For our hotels and cruises, 2 to 12-year-olds are classed as children unless we say otherwise. For self-catering properties and any type of property in Florida, it’s 2 to 16 inclusive. Infants under 6 months old are not allowed to travel on our cruises.
During your flight with us and outside of your ship cabin once onboard, you can only drink the alcohol that our staff serve you. During embarkation we have the right to search luggage and hold any alcohol that we believe has not been purchased on your flight. We’ll only do so if we think it’s necessary, but please retain your proof of purchase just in case. Any alcohol that is not permitted onboard will be returned to you on your departure. The minimum drinking age on our ships is 18 or 21 when in U.S or U.A.E territorial waters.
Marella Cruises teamed up with CIBTvisas to help with all your visa requirements. You can visit our online portal at www.cibtvisas.co.uk/marella for detailed visa info about your cruise – from the required documents needed to support your application to forms for you to print out and send to CIBT. Just so you know, all of the info on this site applies to British passport holders. If you don’t hold a British passport, your visa requirements might differ – you’ll need to either contact the relevant embassy or CIBT for more on this.
The best place for up–to–date information on visa and travel advice is the Foreign Office. Visit www.fco.gov.uk/travel or call 0845 850 2829. There may be specific entry requirements for under-18s, depending on your destination. For example, if a young person is travelling without both parents, there may be extra costs and they may need extra legal documents such as an affidavit, from a notary public. Always check with the consulate or embassy of the country you’re travelling to before you book.
If you’re on cruise holiday, we’ll organise a group visa for British or Irish passport holders. This will cover all your ports of call and trips ashore. If you haven’t got a British or Irish passport, you’ll need to check entry requirements with individual embassies or consulates. If you don’t have one of these passports, you’ll need to organise your own visas for each port of call. Without the right visas, you won’t be allowed to board the ship. It’s also worth pointing out, if you’re visiting more than one port of call in a particular country, for example in Greece, you’ll need a multiple-entry visa.
Here are some other key things we need to tell you about…
- Cambodia If you are a British Citizen you will need to purchase a transit visa on arrival to the port. The cost will be $30.
- Cuba There’s a visa requirement for Cuba, but you don’t need to buy one before your cruise. It’ll be arranged onboard for you and charged to your onboard account, at a cost of around £15 per person.
- Dominican Republic If you’re a citizen of the Dominican Republic you won’t be able to sail on our cruises unless you have a US or Schengen visa. This is because of local immigration laws. Please also see Taxes.
- Dubai If you are a British Citizen, you can obtain a visa on arrival at the airport free of charge. If you haven’t got a British or Irish passport, you may need to obtain a visa from the UAE Consulate before you arrive in the UAE.
- India If you’re a British citizen, you need a visa. These must be obtained before your cruise, as they can’t be secured onboard. The type of visa required may vary depending on your itinerary. Please visit www.cibtvisas.co.uk/marella for specific visa requirements for your cruise.
- Adventure to India – You’ll require an e-visa, approximate cost $75. For more information and to apply visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
- Eastern Sunrise – You’ll require an e-visa, approximate cost $75. For more information and to apply visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html. Also on this itinerary you’ll need a Sri Lanka e-visa which is free of charge. For more information and to apply visit http://www.eta.gov.lk/
- Wonders of Asia – You’ll require an e-visa, approximate cost $75. For more information and to apply visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html. Also on this itinerary you’ll need a Sri Lanka e-visa which is free of charge. For more information and to apply visit http://www.eta.gov.lk/
- Secrets of Asia – You’ll require a multiple entry visa, approximate cost £110. For more information visit https://www.hcilondon.in. Also on this itinerary you’ll need a Sri Lanka e-visa which is free of charge. For more information and to apply visit http://www.eta.gov.lk/ Eastern Sunsets – You’ll require a multiple entry visa, approximate cost £110. For more information visit https://www.hcilondon.in. Also on this itinerary you’ll need a Sri Lanka e-visa which is free of charge. For more information and to apply visit http://www.eta.gov.lk/
- Journey to Arabia – You’ll require an e-visa, approximate cost $75. For more information and to apply visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html You’ll need to enter the following address on your Indian visa application form: Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services c/o J.M. Baxi & Co Godrej Coliseum, 801 -C wing, Behind Everard Nagar, Sion 1 Mumbai – 400 022 – India
- Jordan If you area British Citizen you can obtain a visa on arrival free of charge.
- Lebanon If you’re an Israeli national or have an Israeli stamp in your passport, you may not be allowed ashore in Lebanon.
- Oman If you’re a British Citizen and you are flying in or out of Oman, then you will need a visa. Just visit www.cibtvisas.co.uk/marella for the specific visa requirements for your cruise.
- Malaysia If you are a British Citizen you can obtain a visaon arrival at the airport free of charge
- Russia If you go on one of our organised shore excursions, you’re covered by a group visa. But if you wish to go ashore independently you’ll need to obtain your own visa. These must be purchased from the Russian Federation Embassy prior to your cruise and will not be available on ship or upon arrival in St Petersburg. Most of our customers prefer to join our programme of day and evening organised excursions in St Petersburg for ease.
- Sri Lanka If you’re a British citizen, you’ll need an e-visa for Sri Lanka. It’s free of charge, just visit www.cibtvisas.co.uk/marella for the specific visa requirements for your cruise.
- Turkey You’ll need a tourist visa to travel to Turkey. You can apply for a visa online at www.evisa.gov.tr before you go. It costs US$35, payable by VISA/Mastercard debit or credit card only. Your passport must be valid for 60 days beyond the expiry date of your Turkish visa. We recommend you visit the FCO website for the most up-to-date information – www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey.
- Vietnam Currently British citizens don’t require a visa for visits of up to 15 days. However, this is subject to change, so please visit www.cibtvisas.co.uk/marella for the most up-to-date info on visa requirements.
- USA If you are a British Citizen you must be in possession of an ESTA – you will need to apply for this at least 72 hours before you travel. To apply for your ESTA, visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/. If you haven’t got a British or Irish passport, you’ll need to check entry requirements with the USA embassy or consulate. CIBT are also on hand to help with the application process, if needed.
Saunas onboard the Marella Cruises fleet are free of charge with the exception of Marella Explorer’s Champneys spa, which is chargeable from £15 per person per day.