Avalon Waterways offer extraordinary river cruises on the most amazing ships. Avalon Expression was launched in 2013 and is an innovatively designed ‘Suite Ship’, having two decks with wall-to-wall panoramic windows which gives you the ultimate and unique open-air balconies, elegant and contemporary decor and generously sized cabins.
This ship is spacious and modern with amenities including an open-air bistro on Sky Deck, outside viewing deck, fitness centre, internet corner, complimentary Wi-Fi access and a well-stocked library to name but a few things.
Did you know excursions and sightseeing trips are included in the price if you wish? Local guides will ensure you get the best from your port stops whilst visiting Hradcany Castle grounds, Nuremberg Rally Grounds, beer tasting and the Benedictine Abbey or Fisherman’s Bastion – the choice is yours.
The Legendary Danube is an exceptional itinerary from the splendour of Prague to lively Budapest – this really is a journey of discovery and Avalon Waterways will help you discover so much more.
- Day 1 – Prague, Czech Republic, hotel stay
- Day 2 – Prague, Czech Republic, hotel stay
- Day 3 – Prague, Czech Republic, hotel stay
- Day 4 – Prague, Czech Republic and Nuremberg, Germany
- Day 5 – Nuremberg, Germany
- Day 6 – Regensburg, Germany
- Day 7 – Passau, Germany
- Day 8 – Melk, Vienna, Austria
- Day 9 – Vienna, Austria
- Day 10 – Budapest, Hungary
- Day 11 – Budapest, Hungary, disembark and transfer to airport for your flight to the UK
- Personal Avalon chauffeur service by executive car – limit 100 miles each way
- Flights from London Heathrow
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom & 3 nights at the Hilton or InterContinental hotel, Prague
- All meals onboard & buffet breakfast in Prague
- Excursions & sightseeing trips with local guides, gratuities, all transfers, local port charges & airport taxes
- 9th July 2016 – £2,505pp – limited availability
Prague, Czech Republic
An architectural gem Prague is a must for travellers. The Old Town is the first stop on most travellers itineraries, whether you wish to explore the markets or dine in one of the many cafes you will definitely enjoy the ambiance. We love the Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock – the craftsmanship is beautiful.
The ancient city of Nuremberg is popular with visitors all year round and particularly popular with those who love arts and culture. There are some fantastic tourist attractions including the National Germanic Museum, Nuremberg Castle and St. Lawrence’s Church. Don’t forget, you can enjoy a trip to Nuremberg Rally Grounds for a tour with a local guide courtesy of Avalon Waterways.
Known as the ‘City of Music’ Vienna inspired the likes of Mozart, Beethoven and Strauss. If you want an aerial view of this beautiful city you may wish to go on a ride on the 19th-century Riesenrad which is the giant ferris wheel featured in the film ‘The Third Man’. Vienna is absolutely gorgeous, so don’t be surprised if you don’t want to leave.
Prices may change and cruises are subject to availability.
|Date:||29 October 2016|
|Cabin Type:||Category E Deluxe Stateroom|
0800 027 8302
Quote Reference: CDD-1249 to find out more details.
We are acting as an agent on behalf of travel suppliers and your booking will be subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions. Prices may be subject to very limited availability and are correct as at the date and time of writing. Prices may go up or down from time to time. Prices quoted are for the dates, accommodation, board basis, departure points and number of persons sharing specified only and cannot be combined with any other offer. We reserve the right to amend any quotes given if there is a genuine error as soon as we become aware of it. We reserve the right to withdraw any offers without notice.