Today’s the day! Marella Cruises have today launched their Summer 2021 programme – and there’s certainly plenty going on! We’ve compiled everything from brand new itineraries and exciting new home ports to important updates, all right here so you don’t miss a thing…
Where is each ship based for Summer 2021?
- Marella Discovery – Port Canaveral, Florida | Departing on Sundays
- Marella Discovery 2 – Corfu, Greece | Departing on Fridays
- Marella Dream – Palma, Majorca | Departing on Tuesdays
- Marella Celebration – Dubrovnik, Croatia | Departing on Thursdays
- Marella Explorer – Palma, Majorca | Departing on Saturdays
- Marella Explorer 2 – Naples, Italy | Departing on Wednesdays
Marella Cruises heads to the US
That’s right, Marella Cruises are finally sailing stateside! Get ready to unlock a whole new continent of destinations, from the skyscrapers of New York to the beaches of Miami. And the best part – they’re on sale now!
A new homeport
Venturing to the US means Marella Discovery – the ship selected to sail these epic voyages – will have a brand new home port. Say hello to Port Canaveral in Florida!
Of course, Marella Cruises venturing to this part of the world obviously means some exciting new itineraries! There’ll be four brand new sailings as well as one new repositioning sailing, so you can take your pick from the following…
- American Dream
- Big Apple Adventure
- Floridian Favourites
- Sunshine States and Sands
- Sunshine and Jazz
To see all these exciting US itineraries in full, click here.
We simply can’t wait to explore all the USA has to offer – as well as some of the surrounding areas of the Caribbean! Marella Cruises have given us a superb selection of ports to choose from…which one of these is likely to be your favourite?
- Charleston, South Carolina
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Tampa, Florida
- Key West, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Port Canaveral, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- New York, New York
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Freeport, Bahamas
- Nassau, Bahamas
New cruise and stay
Not only can you experience a selection of some of America’s finest destinations on your cruise, but you can also now team it up with a land-based stay in Orlando. That means you can enjoy an action-packed cruise alongside a fun-filled stay, with an array of hotels to choose from – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Universal’s Cabana Bay being just a couple of the options available.
New itineraries elsewhere
And that was all just of the United States updates – there’s still exciting new additions going on back in the Med! Say hello to three brand new season-long itineraries taking you along the coasts of Italy, France & Spain.
Marella Explorer 2 | 7 nights | June – September 2021 |
- Palma, Majorca
- Port Argentario (For Siena), Italy
- Propiano, Corsica
- Sete (For Carcassonne), France
- Roses, Spain
- Ibiza Town, Ibiza
Marella Explorer 2 | 7 nights | June – September 2021
- Naples, Italy
- Catania, Sicily
- Valletta, Malta
- Piombino, Italy
- Propriano, Corsica
- Olbia, Sardinia
Icons of the Mediterranean
Marella Explorer 2 | 7 nights | June – September 2021
- Naples, Italy
- Barcelona, Spain
- Marseille, France
- Calvi, Corsica
- Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
- Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
New ports for the Med
With idyllic Italy becoming more and more popular, Marella Cruises have added two new Italian ports for you to explore! Get ready to discover the delights of…
- Ravenna, Italy
- Port Argentario, Italy
New Repositional Itineraries
Say hello to eight new repositional cruises sailing at the end of the Winter 2020/2021 season. All but one of these sailings go on sale a little later than the rest of Summer 2021, on the 5th of December 2019.
- Cultured Coasts
- Red Sea Delights 1&2
- Ancient Wonders 1&2
- Sunshine & Jazz
- Voyage to Italy
- A Taste of Spain
Repositional sailings are usually great value! Plus you usually get to visit two parts of the world all in one sailing, as the ships make their way to their new home ports for the upcoming season. To view these repositional sailings in full, click here.
Taking a break sailing from the UK
After Summer 2020, Marella Cruises have decided to take a break from sailing straight out of the UK, so that new destinations can be explored instead. There’s still plenty of time for you to catch one of these sailings before they finish though – take your pick from itineraries like Fabulous Fjords and Best of Baltics onboard Marella Explorer 2 sailing out of the convenient ports of Southampton and Newcastle.
There’s also a a few important updates that Marella Cruises have recently announced – take a look below to make sure you’re aware of any changes.
Now that Marella Cruises is sailing throughout the USA, there’s a few important bits of information you need to be aware of…
- Minimum ages – customers will have to be 21 or over to drink alcohol onboard. They will also need to be 21+ to sail alone.
- Citizenship – U.S citizens or those with dual nationality will unfortunately not be able to sail on our itineraries from the US.
- Immigration – customers must apply for and obtain an ESTA for entry into the US. ESTA applications must be submitted no later than 72 hours before departing for the US.
- Back-to-back cruises – to comply with US regulations, customers on the 14-night itineraries will need to leave the ship briefly at the end of the first 7 nights in Port Canaveral. This won’t be for long and you won’t need to re-check in.
- Smoking laws – although it may be legal to smoke marijuana in some of the states you will be visiting, customers will not be allowed to do so on the ship. Any marijuana brought onboard will be confiscated.
- Legal drinking ages – the minimum drinking age whilst in UAE and Omani waters is 21.
- Select your cabin – the price for customers selecting their cabin will increase slightly to £50 per week across all seasons.
- Premium All Inclusive – the price for customers upgrading to this will increase from £50 per person, per week, to £60 per person, per week. This is still great value – less than £8.60 per person, per day.
- Tourist tax – any itineraries calling at Venice from Summer 2020 and Dubrovnik from Summer 2021, a small tourist tax per person will be added to customers onboard account during their cruise.
All caught up?
That’s pretty much everything you need to know! If you’re keen to find a Summer 2021 sailing to suit you, take your pick from the links below…
Or you can always just give us a call on 0800 107 2323 – we’re on hand 7 days a week to find you your perfect sailing!
We are acting as an agent on behalf of travel suppliers and your booking will be subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions. Prices may be subject to very limited availability and are correct as at the date and time of writing. Prices may go up or down from time to time. Prices quoted are for the dates, accommodation, board basis, departure points and number of persons sharing specified only and cannot be combined with any other offer. We reserve the right to amend any quotes given if there is a genuine error as soon as we become aware of it. We reserve the right to withdraw any offers without notice.