If you didn’t know already, Marella Cruises won the ‘Best for Entertainment’ award at the 2018 Wave Awards! That means the cruise line can proudly boast that they’re providing passengers with some of the finest top quality shows and experiences at sea. You’re in expert hands!
So, we thought it only made sense to take a look at what you can look forward to seeing onboard Marella Explorer. Their entertainment is bound to impress – from Broadway-style showstoppers to family favourites and something just for the kids too.
Marella Explorer shows
- Cogs – Described as an adult fairy tale, this show is full of imagination, taking iconic artists such as David Bowie and Pink Floyd to a whole new level.
- Rockology – Much like the famous ‘Rock of Ages’ you can enjoy songs from Meatloaf and Fleetwood Mac as though you’re right there at the concert!
- Festival – Glastonbury fans to Woodstock enthusiasts, this entertainment piece will bring your favourite festivals to life. And get this – they even pump the sweet scent of freshly cut grass around you whilst listening to the likes of Coldplay and Jimi Hendrix.Talk about authentic!
- Bud’s Diner – A one-of-a-kind dining experience boasting 1950’s classics, cars and roller skates.
- Vocalites – Get the inside scoop and watch singers warm up their vocals before taking to the stage.
- Pop Icons – The perfect show to get your dancing shoes on for. Elvis and Madonna anyone? Expect all the hits from your favourite pop artists across the decades.
- Variety – The proof is in the name, a real mixture of dancing, singing, comedy, special effects all in one act.
- Soul – A show full of classic and contemporary soul artists, set to blow you away.
- Musical – Broadway and West End-style shows right on the high seas, producing both classical and traditional performances.
- Movies – Watch famous movies come alive such as Jaws, Back to the Future and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. A great show for movie buffs.
- Zuma – Move to the groove with this Latin dance extravaganza and learn the dances yourself in the Indigo Club, where you’ll find the after party.
- Sing-Song – Guests will be encouraged to sing along to the lyrics and audience members will then vote for their favourites via the mobile app. So interactive and a great one for the family!
- CSI – Grab the kids for some Cruise Ship Investigation! There’ll be three 15-minute detective investigations each week and it’s up to you to solve the case!
As well as these exciting new shows, guests can look forward to ‘The Emulator’ – the world’s first multi-touch DJ system. This will allow passengers to see first-hand what the DJ is doing through a transparent touchscreen based in Bar Indigo. Definitely something different!
Marella Explorer Entertainment Venues
Along with amazing shows come phenomenal entertainment venues, from the classy casino to their first pub at sea – the possibilities are endless.
Broadway Show Lounge
The proof is in the name, the Broadway Show Lounge is where you’ll catch a superb show. Holding 1,000 guests and with waiter service on hand, it’s a great way to spend your night.
For style and sophistication, say hello to The Lounge, a relaxing atmosphere to grab a cocktail or two whilst listening to the sweet sound of the live pianist.
If it’s pre-dinner entertainment you’re after, then 53 is the place to go. It’s also a great place to stop for a drink or two to get your night started with a sparkle.
Marella Cruises are well known for their Captain’s pool parties, and The Shack is the place to be for frozen cocktails and pool-side pints as the party gets underway.
Bar @ The Mediterranean
A carefully crafted list of cocktails lies in the Bar @ The Mediterranean, and of course with a Mediterranean speciality.
We hope you’ve been practising your poker face, because the Indigo Casino is where you’ll need lady luck on your side.
This is where the real party is at – dance floor and DJ booth at the ready for a night out ’til the early hours of the morning!
Aperitif provides that added luxury for an extra special evening, serving an endless flow of Champagne and Prosecco.
Squid & Anchor
For your typical British evening, head to this incredible venue where bands play live and you can get competitive in the traditional pub quiz.
Time to get onboard?
We are acting as an agent on behalf of travel suppliers and your booking will be subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions. Prices may be subject to very limited availability and are correct as at the date and time of writing. Prices may go up or down from time to time. Prices quoted are for the dates, accommodation, board basis, departure points and number of persons sharing specified only and cannot be combined with any other offer. We reserve the right to amend any quotes given if there is a genuine error as soon as we become aware of it. We reserve the right to withdraw any offers without notice.