Close your eyes and imagine the beautiful sunset meeting the shimmering azure waters in front of you. The warm sea breeze blowing on your sun-kissed skin and the lingering sent of spices flooding the air. Be surrounded by the delightful sounds of rhythmic beats, and sink your toes into soft, sandy beaches. Welcome to the tropical paradise of Jamaica – your cruise destination of the month!
Set sail to this jewel of the Caribbean and experience first-hand what dreams are made of. You’ll feel inspired by this tiny island’s musical roots, as Jamaica is known as a musical powerhouse, inspiring numerous reggae hits. Bring your dancing shoes, because you’ll be swaying along to the gospel sounds rising out of the many churches on the island.
Jamaican cuisine is like no other – with delicious jerk chicken, rich stews made with fresh fish from the local waters, and tasty tropical fruits freshly plucked from the island’s unique shrubbery. Your taste buds won’t know what’s hit them! Indulge in a shot of coconut rum for a real Caribbean treat.
Known for its sugar cane, bananas, mangoes and rich Blue Mountain coffee, Jamaica has so much to offer. Home to ‘healing waters’ it’s thought that their hot springs have therapeutic properties – so you can experience the ultimate pamper here! You’ll be surprised to know that Rastafarians only make up 1% of the Jamaican population, and that the saying ‘No Problem Mon’ is purely because the locals are so laid back!
The Bob Marley Museum is one of the island’s most iconic places to visit – it’s situated at the legendary musician’s home, where you can experience every aspect of his life and career. For a true slice of Jamaica, head to Dunn’s River Falls to discover the most beautiful natural wonder – clear cascades of water, and you can even climb up the waterfall as well as travel through rainforests! At Treasure Beach Sports Park, you’ll have the best time on the football pitches and tennis courts showing off your skills.
Known for it’s glorious shore lines, there’s over 50 public beaches to choose from – so topping up your tan won’t be an issue. The most popular are Doctors Cave Beach in Montego Bay and Seven Mile Beach in Negril – offering amazing water sports, crystal clear waters to snorkel in and wonderful white sands. Get ready to soak up some seriously idyllic views – you’ll feel like you’re in a heavenly haven.
Sun, Sea…and safe
Jamaica has grown a lot over the years. You’ll have a wonderful time here – the local people are incredibly warm and genuine. This small piece of heaven has come a long way and is now a Caribbean tourist hot-spot. As with all holidays, common sense is usually the best form of safety device – so flashing large amounts of cash out in the open probably isn’t wise. The friendly, welcoming people of this island will show you their fabulous culture – alive with music, laughter and an unrivaled optimism – you’ll be racing to return, that’s for sure!
Did you know?
- Famous writer Ian Fleming built his dream home on this Caribbean island – in which he wrote ten of the James Bond thrillers.
- Jamaica was the first tropical country to enter the Winter Olympics – watch the famous film Cool Runnings for the full story.
- In 1962, Jamaica was the first Caribbean nation to gain independence.
- Rum is the national drink of Jamaica – and here, it can be mixed with just about any other beverage. Try rum and coconut water for a very special island drink.
Top 5 Places to Visit…
- Kingston– surrounded by Blue Mountain beauty, Kingston is the heart and soul of Jamaica – if you’re looking for incredible nightlife, the best shopping and action-packed adventure, look no further!
- Blue Mountain Peak – This is a holiday highlight – with a peak of 2256m, you’ll experience the most breathtaking sunrise or sunset when you hike to the very top.
- Montego Bay – Action-packed with one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- National Heroes Park – Float along the river on a bamboo raft through tropical rainforests!
- Green Grotto Caves – A natural attraction not to be missed and a tourist favourite – wander through smuggles caves and learn the history of these amazing feats of nature.
We are acting as an agent on behalf of travel suppliers and your booking will be subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions. Prices may be subject to very limited availability and are correct as at the date and time of writing. Prices may go up or down from time to time. Prices quoted are for the dates, accommodation, board basis, departure points and number of persons sharing specified only and cannot be combined with any other offer. We reserve the right to amend any quotes given if there is a genuine error as soon as we become aware of it. We reserve the right to withdraw any offers without notice.