Everything about this month’s destination screams luxury. One minute you’ll be feeling like royalty as you walk through fairy tale golden palaces, the next you’ll be wandering past soaring skyscrapers and taking a camel ride through the desert. The possibilities are endless, and what’s even better is that you have the best of both worlds – some of the best beaches in the world and a high-tech city centre. Do as little or as much as you want in Dubai.
Home to the world’s tallest building, a shopping paradise and an artificial island, it’s safe to say you’ll have plenty to explore in this city. It doesn’t hurt that it’s sunny all year round, so you can take a trip here whenever you’re feeling glum about the British weather. The beaches are the perfect place to spend your time relaxing, with the finest grains of golden sand and some of the world’s finest sunsets – you’ll want to return for this reason alone.
Imagine sampling the best afternoon tea in the middle of the desert, swimming with the dolphins in the Arabian gulf and getting a selfie at the top of the Burj Khalifa – sounds magical, doesn’t it? Plus, with one of the lowest crime rates in the entire world, you can rest easy knowing you’re in safe hands.
Dubai is known for having the biggest and best in everything – from some of the fastest cars in the world to the grandest indoor ski park. They’re even in the process of building a theme park two times the size of Disney Land Florida – as big as 26 football pitches! Don’t get us started on the shopping here – wow! Dubai is even home to the largest shoe store in the world, so treat yourself to a new pair (or two). Everything about this glittering city will have you in awe – the nightlife is second to none, the skyline is simply breathtaking and the activities offer endless amounts fun.
Make your way through the city centre and instantly be welcomed by the sweet scent of spices lingering in the Arabian air. The food is such a hit in this city that they even hold a food festival known world-wide. As well as a rich lifestyle, the locals are known for their rich flavours – so chilli-lovers, rejoice!
Dubai is also the home to the largest suspended aquarium in the world – home to over 140 species and over 300 sharks! Known as the ‘Underwater Zoo’ you can even walk through the aquarium tunnels and get up close and personal with your favourite underwater friend. You can even do a spot of shark diving! Dubai is all about experiencing things like never before – so prepare for the time of your life.
Did you know?
- Dubai is the home to the most luxurious – and the only seven-star – hotel in the world. Stay overnight at the Burg Al Arab Jumeirah and it’s safe to say you’ll be treat like royalty.
- A new skyscraper is in the process of being built everyday in Dubai, so there’s always something new and exciting on it’s way!
- There are 360 sunny days a year – no need for a rain coat!
- The Dubai police fleet includes a Lamborghini, a Ferrari and a Bentley. Running from these super cars is pointless!
Top 5 Places to Visit…
- Jumeirah Beach Park – when you need time to chill out, this is the place to be. It’s one of the most popular beaches in Dubai – and the ideal picnic spot and with barbecue areas, children’s play areas and top sports facilities.
- Dubai Marina – known as ‘new Dubai’, the Marina is the place to be for palaces, extravagant shopping and amazing entertainment. You’ll be surrounded by swanky hotels whilst taking in luxurious lifestyles. The man-made canal even looks opulent!
- Burj Khalifa – you can tick climbing to the top of the worlds tallest building off your bucket list. It even has one of the world’s highest observation decks! Imagine taking in city views from the 124th floor. With 360-degree panoramic views of Dubai, it’s a ‘must do’.
- Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark – Whiz down vertical drops, float along the wild rapids and see the city the best way – by soaring down some of the largest slides in the world. It’s a day packed with action and fun.
- Dubai Mall – If you’re looking for something that has everything under one roof, Dubai Mall has you covered. From ice-skating rinks to gaming zones, cinemas and of course, plenty of shops – your inner shopaholic will run free. Heading out in January or February? You’re in luck, as the Dubai shopping festival takes place!
Time to book?
If you can’t wait to set sail to this picture-perfect location, give one of our cruise experts a call on 0800 107 1590 – they’ll help you find your dream cruise sailing to the luxurious city of Dubai in no time.
We are acting as an agent on behalf of travel suppliers and your booking will be subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions. Prices may be subject to very limited availability and are correct as at the date and time of writing. Prices may go up or down from time to time. Prices quoted are for the dates, accommodation, board basis, departure points and number of persons sharing specified only and cannot be combined with any other offer. We reserve the right to amend any quotes given if there is a genuine error as soon as we become aware of it. We reserve the right to withdraw any offers without notice.